Flip Fluid and animated object

gerry

Hello guys,

that's my first post on ODFORCE, I'm trying to make a Flip Fluid smash into a wall, the main problem I'm having at the moment is that even if I key framed animated my sphere (in the Geometry Level) the Fluid is not following it but just falls according to the gravity.

You have an image attached to see what I meant if I wasn't clear enough :)

Thanks fr the help,

Gerry

post-8739-0-99752600-1356264381_thumb.pn

I'm trying to make a Flip Fluid smash into a wall

If you simply want to throw fluid on the wall, add initial velocity to it ( flipfluidobject dop > initial velocity). It is not going to inherit vel of animated source by default if you have converted it in to a flip fluid object using Flip Fluid from object shelf tool.

Edited by sadhu

If you want the FLIP to keep the shape as the ball in the picture, try emit it every frame, and disable after the ball hits the wall.

Emitting every frame causing lots of water falling with the gravity force.

Using the "Sink Particle Fluid" to kill the particle outside the ball until it hits the wall.

The "velocity" from SOP is also important to make it looks like "Hitting" on the wall.

It's really expensive to use "pop solver" to kill the FLIP.

Hope there's another better way to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much Sadhu and Jonnyw!

I spet by step i'm getting there! i used a bgeo to drive the fluid and it's working quite well at the moment! I still haven't got my head around the step of disabling the simulation as a normal switch doesn't seem to work! if you have any suggestion it will be appreciated! Also thanks for the velocity tip ;) I already did it before as i was pretty sure that would have come useful!

If you want it to keep the exact shape just dont emit any fluid until a few frames before the collision then start your flip sim. You can just use points from volume with the emitter during the presim phase for meshing consistency

Edited by ikarus