Wraaping wires/rope to Cloth geo

jayopa86

Hi everyone,

I was trying to wrap a geometry -like a wire or a rope or cylinder shape on to a woman cloth. Is there a way to wrap around points or edges? What I want to do is kind of seen in the picture that I attached. So basically I have a woman cloth model and I want to use that as a base and wrap wires one it procedurally or randomly and then delete the cloth geo to get something like on the picture. Actually I need the wireframe look with real geometry... Hope I could achieve to tell what I need...

Thanks and have a great day everyone..

post-8680-0-61323000-1360125895_thumb.jp

Edited by jayopa86

• 1 month later...

One possible way to do it would be to use a scatter SOP, and then use an add SOP to connect the dots. Maybe you would need to find neighboring points before connecting so that you stay close to the original surface.

To do that you could use a delete SOP to delete all point except for the closest one to $PT (that isn't already connected) and $PT, use the add SOP to make the line, repeat the process in a for each loop where you increment $PT. As a final stage you would add all the lines together.

• 2 weeks later...