Adding some jiggle to a model

jim c

I've got a character dancing around, with a basic skeleton and motion from mocap data. What would be nice to add is a little "jiggle" in the chest area (yes, breasts) to make it a little more impressive.

I've searched around here, and looked online at the sidefx and I've got some questions on how to do this. I've found examples for how to make the muscle itself jiggle. I've found samples on how to set up a muscle. My question is how to incorporate this into an existing rig. I was hoping I could use the bones to drive most of the deformations and then enhance this with a couple of strategically placed muscles in the pectoral area.

I tried experimenting with a simple bouncing ball with skeleton of two bones. I added a muscle between the two bones with nulls. In the geo I've got a muscle deformer and a regular deformer. But unfortunately I get wild deformations. If you use muscles do you have to completely drop the deformations from the bones and replace everything with muscle objects? Or is there something I'm missing? I've attached the example for anyone to tinker with.

jiggle1.hipnc

Worked like a charm. Added a little interface to make it easier to control, and voila, I've got custom jigglin' boobs. What's interesting is how much easier this is to deal with than Messiah. It's easier to control, and with the Motion graph I can see how the distortion is being changed by parameter changes.