Rigid Bodies Tutorial Question

SopMod

Hello people!

I am new here and there isn't really place to introduce myself here, so I just wanted to say that I decided to sort of get into Houdini (mostly because of my love for Touch Designer, very similar). I am going through the main pdf tutorials, but I keep getting problems that just don't happen in the tutorial.

The tutorial is here: http://www.sidefx.com/images/stories/getting_started/lessonone_quickstart/hguide_01_quickstart.pdf

I got the modelling done, but I can't fix the rigid bodies.

The setup is that I have a ball swinging into some greek poles, crashing them down.

In the picture one, the poles bottoms simply seem to crash with the floor from frame 1. Even though it's exactly placed on the floor.

So what I have done was that I put the sphere object into the "fractureparms" node in the Impact Group field. That solved the problem, but the fracture then I behaving very strange.

That's visible on the picture 2.

Also another thing that's bugging me that the top sections of the poles fly away all the time. I have circled it in red.

I have attached a scene file, if anyone could be awesome and check it out. I have spent 2 days on it :/.

Thank you in advance :)

post-9544-0-09119800-1365412748_thumb.pn

post-9544-0-50767800-1365412801_thumb.pn

lesson1.hip

Wow thank you!

The scene file helped a lot. I see that you pre-smash it before the sim, I guess then you have more control over the breaking... Also the glue node is golden!

Learned a lot, thanks!