DOP sopsolver not evaluating over time

Lucavfx

Hi,

In dops we're trying to activate rbds over time by using a multisolver setup and in the sopsolver by reading custom attributes off external points.

But it seems that the sopsolver is not evaluating the objectmerged points over time so the active custom attribute used to drive the activation of the rbds is never triggered.

I'm currently using a workaround that is to bake the active attributes directly on the input geometries and then forcing deforming rbds. But it's not as elegant.

I've prepared a very small test example, dopnet1 is the non-working setup (rbds stay passive).

Could anybody take a look at see what we're doing wrong ? I'd be very curious to see what needs to be changed for this setup to work correctly :-)

Thanks for taking a look

Houdini used is 12.1.179

L

dop_sopsolver_not_evaluating.hip

Thanks, I tried it but it doesn't improve things. I suspect there might be something elsebroken because on a more complex scene where the points input takes a second to cook each frame the dopnet runs through instantaneously.

It seems as the objectMerge in the sopSolver isn't refreshing the input everyframe.

Edited by Lucavfx

Solvers aren't working on inactive objects.

Here is from help card:

An active object is one which is controlled by a solver and can be affected by other objects. A passive object, even if it has a solver attached to it, is never modified by the solver. It may still affect other objects, but is not affected by those objects.

Why not using expression directly in Active value dop? something like point("..path_here../DOP_ATTRS", $OBJID-1, "active", 0) > 0.5It's enough for your simple example, don't know about your actual setup though.

That's a good option for this particular case, thanks for your replies.

L

Edited by Lucavfx