differential UV issue

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a torus to be UV'd twice I guess. What I would like is the torus to have a diffuse color map AND an opacity map. Easy enough as I am using a Mantra Surface shader and it has both. The problem becomes the UVs. For the Diffuse color map to map correctly to the torus I have a UVTransform set to modify source as basic UVs are already applied in a prior node and this works well as seen here: post-5191-0-74834400-1366232962_thumb.jp However, I need a different set of UV's to correctly map the opacity map; this is how the opacity map should look (I have the opacity map in the diffuse channel so it can be clearly seen here): post-5191-0-33689700-1366232971_thumb.jp to get this swirling I am using a single white strip bordered by black on both sides:

post-5191-0-53580900-1366233132_thumb.pn and adjusting a rotation in the UVTransfor to get the angle right. BUT when I do that it jacks up the diffuse map becasue it rotates that too.

So what I am after is a way for the opacity map to let the color map (diffuse) through only where there is white and the geometry (and therefore the color map) invisible where it is black.

I'm pretty sure the answer is terribly simple but it escapes me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by barad_dur

to set a second UV look after Layer sop node. Set current layer to 2. Then set your UVs as usual.

I'm not sure if the mantra surface support different UV sets. But if not all you have to do is to replace the shadinglayer uv that goes in your opacity and set the new one attribute layer to 2.