Liquid creature

premini

Hi all,

I've been reading the forum for a while trying to absorb all the knowledge spilled in each topic.

I'd like to ask you my first question.

What i need is to create a liquid creature that behaves as a regular solid but upon collisions behaves like a liquid, i.e. splashing and breaking.

Sadly I didnt find anything that solves the problem but please feel free to direct me to any interesting topic related to my question.

Thanks in advance guys.

I don't know much about animated containers for liquids, but you could try using your model for your creature as the container for your liquid. Have some random holes and openings (not a sealed container) in your creature geometry so the water drips out some places for a cool effect, and have a few emitters inside to keep it a "full" container as well. When it gets hit by something, depending on the effect you want, you might be able to just deform the geometry briefly, or break it open, so a bunch of water spills out, and then close it up again so the creature "re-forms" into its liquid self.

Just speculation, but that'd be where I start. Again though - not sure if it's a simple thing to have an animated container, I remember having some problems with this in the past.

If I were doing this, I would go for a cloth simulation of the animated creature or even SOP deformed to simulate soft-bodies, and then attribute transfer the emitter values from the colliding objects, so that you get emission just close to collision frames.