Something wrong with normalize vop?

20130618.hipnc

In my hip file you can open up detial view and render the scene with normalize node work. And you can see a pure white image. And all the values in outputLength ( a custom point attribute) is [1, 1, 1], but if I disabled the normalized node, the value is corrected and I do not know why. Thanks very much.

post-9044-0-71632800-1371536550_thumb.jp

that´s what normalize does, it makes the vector´s length equal 1, so, there´s no point in doing normalize then length.

Thank you for you reply, I think I know what you mean!

Oh I forgot, if I have a lot of particles, how can I know the maximum length since I can not check them one by one in detail view, too many!

Edited by yjcnbnbnb200

First use a length expression or in VOPs a Length VOP to calculate the length of your attributes as a scalar float and then use the Attribute Promote to promote to a detail attribute.

Then you can reference that value in to your fit expression as the maximum bound in your fit function.

attribpromote_vmag_into_fit.hip

• Like 1

First use a length expression or in VOPs a Length VOP to calculate the length of your attributes as a scalar float and then use the Attribute Promote to promote to a detail attribute.

Then you can reference that value in to your fit expression as the maximum bound in your fit function.

attribpromote_vmag_into_fit.hip

Ok got it Thank you very much!