alternate version for particle wave

misterbil

Hello all,

I'm using Peter's great Tutorial "particle wave" as reference but I'm not trying to replicate it.

I'm using a vopop to add $CR value to the position of the particles, but it look like the particles are NOT going back to their original position( 0 in Y).

what am I doing wrong?

thanks for any help or link to previous post..

EDIT: if someone can think of a better way to do this, without pop, with an attribute transfer, a vopsop...anything, that would work too.

I'm mainly trying to get the bar to scale up in Y.

They will drive something else later.

curve_wave_01.hipnc

Edited by misterbil

1) you don't need popnet to make "wave". Bypass it and you'll have what you want

2) But if you wnt/need to use pops: your particles are not going back beacuse you're adding current pos to $CR. let's say you had $TY== 0 and when $CR became 1 you have 0+1 == 1. Now when $CR is 0 again you're adding current pos (==1 already) and 0 ($CR) - and your particle doesn't change position.

I'd use some rest position (you can add rest pos sop and use this attrib in your vop pop instead of P)

Edited by bloomendale

Hi Bloomendale,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll try bypassing the popnet as you said.

I totally thought that I was just replacing the $CR value to the position. So when the value of CR is going down, P was going down...

I'll try adding the rest node to the network and see.

I'll post my result tomorrow.

thanks again for your input

finally got the time to reply. :)

Thanks again Bloomdale! I removed the popnet and tweaked the copy sop stamp expression to grab the right channel and tadah!

but now for whatever reason my bars are pointing downward??? I also started to add the other elements in my scene.

I'm trying (for my own ) to recreate one of the FX in the anime Ghost in the shell:innocence (see image attached).

bil

curve_wave_02.hipnc

post-7368-0-15215200-1372774119_thumb.jp