Import OTL into file

Hi guys

I made a rig that started out as an Auto Rig.. and adding a facial rig.

Now I would like to change parts of the Auto Rig. Obviously I don't want to change the actual OTL that comes with Houdini.

So my question is, is there a way to import the nodes of the OTL, so it's part of the current HIP file only and doesn't need the OTL anymore. That way I could do a lot of clean up and make a new OTL when I'm done.

You can just right click on the otl and choose "Allow editing of contents", then you can go inside and copy and paste all of the bits you want into a new network.

Or if you right click on the otl and go to operator type manager then right click on the otl (it should be highlighted when the window appears) and go to duplicate. Now you can save a copy of the otl into your own otl folder and then you can customise the otl however you want. I would make sure to change the Operator Name and Operator Label if I were you though otherwise it may get confusing trying to figure out which otl is which.

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony and Francisco for the answers.

Unfortunatly the auto rig is not just one OTL. it's an OTL with several different OTL's in it. I hoped there was an easier way to do it all at once..

I don't really need to change all of them though.. so it's still doable.