Strange streak in Smoke - Pyro Billowy smoke

Hi all!

Didn't found out nothing like this one so I'm posting this.

As you can see in the image below, I'm getting some strange streaks on the smoke. The smoke is being driven by some chunks (already simulated). I went to the "create density volume" and turned off the laser scan, which helped a bit but didn't solved it completely. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

StreaksInSmoke.png

mmm...I don´t think velocity is the problem (not 100% sure, though, and Craig is a veteran around so he probably knows more than I do)

My opinion is that it is related to the volume (or SDF) representation of the object. I guess those chunks were simulated with Bullet? That would explain why you didn´t get any collision problems during the rigid body simulation., as bullet doesn´t use volumes for collisions.

I know it´s that because I have had similar problems in projects while trying to use volumes as emitters and had this kind of stuff happen to me.

Your best bet is to fiddle a bit with the chunks geo in SOPs before sending it as smoke emitter so you get sure your SDFs are ok.

Edited by Netvudu

Hi Javier!

Thanks for the input!

You know, the strangest thing is that after the post I went back and used a different file (it was for the debris of the front part and not the back ones like these) that has just the same parameters and values (probably a minor tweak, somewhere...) and now they're simulating nicely...

Strange, right?!

You may be right about being a geometry thing because I spotted (and deleted) at least 2 chunks that had a face missing... and then I re-did the voronoi and sim but something, somewhere might have escaped me and is somehow incomplete and messing with stuff...

Anyway, now that I know that, if I get any more issues I'll just make points out of the chunks and copy stamp some spheres to them! That should do the trick, because in the end, you want the volume of them, not the actual shape, I think...

Cheers! Obrigado! (ou Gracias!) ;)

Edited by J.Santos