RBD cache out or sim out

Hello everyone!

I am looking the proper way to combine DOP solvers. I am working on a destruction test and following the bullet/glue network workflow. After I finish with my RBD sim, I want to work on the Pyro Solver and combine both. What is the proper way in order for the RBD objects to collide with the Pyro? Cache out the simulated geometry in .bgeo and import as collision data in a new Pyro simulation? One simulation with merging both solvers together? Thank you in advance.

The problem in caching out .bgeos is that the pyro solver will have to create a sdf for each frame, and that will slow down your sim, but is one way to do it and I think is the easiest to set up.

merging both solvers will slow down the hole process, since dops will have to copute the rdbsim + pyro sim.

I think (I nerver did that), u can rop out the rbd sim and use some stamping to transform the position of the pieces in dops. I believe this way dops won´t have to recreate the sdfs every frame. Peter Quint has a tutorial using something like this, but I hope someone come up with an easier solution.

I did some tests Guilherme.

1. I used a ROP output driver cached my RBD simulation to .sim

2. After the File node in Read Mode I put a Merge node

3. Connected the Pyro Solver to the Merge node

Seems to work OK. I think the .sim data stores all the info (SDF, collisions etc.)