when i learn BulletSop with the example in the installer package, i have a doubt, when and why to connect the shapes into btSolver ? i create a simple sense btBuilder Hull with the option box ,the solver does not need shapes connected , but in the "6_example_loader/emit_objs" example, it must connect the shapes to solver even the btBuilder Hull with option Box.

btSolver will need Shapes If:

- some hull is Convex or Deform

- you use btLoader to load Shapes from previous frame(btLoader shows Shape data, which was send to btSolver at previous frame)

btSolver will need Shapes If:

- some hull is Convex or Deform

- you use btLoader to load Shapes from previous frame(btLoader shows Shape data, which was send to btSolver at previous frame)

thanks ,i understand, btw ,when will the manual release? i couldn't wait any more. : )

another question: when create force with the copy node , dose btBuild stamp the copy template Normal attribute as the force direction ? i can not understand the force example, thank for your help

Edited by mengtaiqi

thanks ,i understand, btw ,when will the manual release? i couldn't wait any more. : )

another question: when create force with the copy node , dose btBuild stamp the copy template Normal attribute as the force direction ? i can not understand the force example, thank for your help

Some help file will be release with next v2.0.10, which will come after port on H13.

Yes, Copy node rotates with all vector point attributes(in this case bt_dir) according normal, but this is classic Houdini stuff(not BulletSOP).

Secondly, I wanted to mention that the point velocities you're setting may be wrong, I have to divide them by the FPS before rendering them.

Do You mean point velocity option on btTransform?

You can apply point node and write some expression( $VX / $FPS)

But I think that's right. It's velocity so you can look at object at any time and say, "Hey this object has 50m/s", you don't say "I'm looking at this object 30frame/sec and It has 50m/s"

Edited by MilanSuk

I've just installed Houdini 13. BulletSOP is running like a butter!

Compiler writes few warnings(deprecated function), so I will clean up and release v2.0.10 for H12 / H13 to the week!

edit: I cleaned it so source code is completely without warnings :)

Edited by MilanSuk

Wow this thing is absolutley amazing.

I am blown away.

A couple things.

It would be nice if there were more constraint types.

H13 has a pretty slick workflow. It seems like you have a super constraint? It would be ncie to have types. Like Spring, Glue, and Pin, with controls to restrict movement so we can get a hinge. But maybe you have this already.

Regardless I can't wait to get my stuff up on vimeo. Super awesome plugin you have here.

Are we able to plug in friction attributes?

This is so fast man. Holy crap. So fast. So freaking fast.

Ill have more feedback for you. And a donation! Pretty amazing man.

nothing happened?

Please wait until tomorrow or Friday :)

It would be nice if there were more constraint types.

H13 has a pretty slick workflow. It seems like you have a super constraint? It would be ncie to have types. Like Spring, Glue, and Pin, with controls to restrict movement so we can get a hinge. But maybe you have this already.

BulletSOP supports 6DoF constraint(with spring activation option): http://bulletphysics.org/mediawiki-1.5.8/index.php/Constraints#Generic_6_Degrees_of_Freedom_.28DoF.29_Constraint

You can change lower/higher angular/linear limits => pin, hinge, slider, ....

Are we able to plug in friction attributes?

Sorry I don't know, what do you mean?