Create Pyro collision field from RBD fractured geometry

gpapaioa

Hello,

I am trying to combine a Bullet sim with Pyro.I am simulating a concrete frame explosion and after a few seconds a concrete slab from the top floor falls to the ground (check the attached picture). After I finished the Bullet simulation, I cached out to .sim files. Then made a DOP network where I merge a File node (reading the Bullet .sim) and a Pyro solver network in order for the Pyro solver to read the collision data from the Bullet simulation. Everything works fine but after a while the Pyro simulation breaks. I noticed that it fails when the concrete slab begins to fall. Until that point the collision works OK. Also when I disable collisions the Pyro simulation works OK. I tried to check/uncheck all the available collision options in Relationships and Advanced (Correct Collisions etc.) but no luck.

My question is: is there another way to create a collision field for the Pyro that might work? I also tried to cache the fractured geometry to .bgeo in SOP but couldn't manage to find a way to create a collision field from that.

Thank you.

post-8891-0-32177400-1374789506_thumb.jp