keep leftover surface from voronoi fracture

Hi,

Sorry for all the questions -

I'm trying to fracture a surface based on just a few points using the voronoi fracture SOP.

i've been able to create a group of points using the scatterSOP, and then use that as my cell point group, however i can't seem to get the remainder of the surface as a single piece (cluster) ... i just need to fracture a small portion of a sphere according to very specific points not created by the fracture tool (the one that samples volume and then creates chunk centers).

i've attached a screenshot with the original geo set to template flag.

any advice is appreciated!

thanks,

matt

post-6306-0-92410400-1376366419_thumb.pn

hi!

Use the voronoi fracture point SOP insted of scatter, that sets up the cluster attribute for points, so You can clearly see the leftover when you turn on clustering on the voronoi fracture node. Also you can add a simple float attrib called cluster to you scattered points, set them to 0 or 1 ...etc, so the voronoi fracture SOP will understand that.

hi!

Use the voronoi fracture point SOP insted of scatter, that sets up the cluster attribute for points, so You can clearly see the leftover when you turn on clustering on the voronoi fracture node. Also you can add a simple float attrib called cluster to you scattered points, set them to 0 or 1 ...etc, so the voronoi fracture SOP will understand that.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried doing this, but it's not quite working yet -

1-> create sphere, set to poly mesh

2-> select points from which i wish to fracture

3-> group points into group1

4-> create voronoifracturepoints SOP

4-> connect sphere1 to voronoifracturepoints SOP input geo

5-> connect group1 (points) to voronoifracturepoints impact points

Does this sound right?

Essentially, the most important thing is that I can exactly select the points I wish to use as the center of my voronoi cells that will be fractured around ... I don't want anything to scatter them or select them at random. Is this possible using the setup described above?

Thanks so much!

Matt

voronoiPoints.hipnc