Is there a Go To Rotation DOP in Houdini?

Hi,

I am doing a simple exercise where coins are falling onto a ground plane object, but there are lots of coins that are still not lying flat on the ground. They either freeze at 30-45 degree, or still moving, though most of them are settled correctly.

In Particle Flow, you can use the Go To Rotation operator to orient particles to a specific orientation smoothly over a period of time.

How would I accomplish this in Houdini?

Also how can I use up the energy of coins quickly, because they are still moving around after 10 seconds. I tried Drag Force DOP but it seems to help exaggerate their motion not diminish it.

• 8 months later...

Anyone knows if this is doable using the new POPs? I spent a day but it still doesn't work 100%. This kind of thing comes up often. How do you guys solve it?

For example imagine some leaves getting blown and then dropping on the ground. They will have to slowly transition into flat orientation on the ground. So if you have torque and angular velocity, do you first set these to zero for these particles? Afterwards you end up with a different orient attribute which is a quat. How do you go from this value to quat 0 0 0 1? I tried Mixing them using hittime, but it didn't seem to work well.

Any ideas? Here is how it looks in particle flow:

GUID-85A4BDFF-3823-4D9D-AFC4-87545B48E5B