Interior Room generation

Achraf

Hey,

I am currently planning to create a building generatior which allows me to adjust the building both externally and internally.

I have seen loads of tutorials where shape generation is discussed however I am looking for a way to divide the rooms inside of

the walls and create staircases, windows etc based on input.

Thanks

Achraf

Hi Achraf,

There is a multitude of ways to do this, but I think you need to be a bit more specific with your questions.

The way rooms are divided are quite different between high rise and family homes and even between different functions of buildings.

An office building or hospital will look very different from an apartment building.

If you want to create procedure that is very specific to say office buildings, it is possible to think of rules that define the structure inside,

a row of rooms on each side with a corridor in between for instance. if you want it to be capable of many different types of buildings,

you will have to create different rule sets for each type, or allow manual drawing of inner walls and then copy it over each floor.

To draw the wall shapes automatically, you can think of using a divide node with bricker turned on and

remove some of the shared edges afterwards to get some more or less random rooms.

You can then improve the system to determine which would-be-walls to remove to create a more coherent layout.

After that you can create more definition in the wall shapes by for instance replacing the lines with L-systems to create less square rooms.

Twan