Capture pose: translate bones?

bloomendale

Hi.

Is there any way to translate bones in Capture Pose mode (Override) with some handle, especially if i need to offset all hierarchy a bit?

I can use Pose shelf tool to rotate bones and new rotations will be written to Bone Capture Pose channels in bone object. But what abot translates? Fill in parameters directly is no too fast and it's kinda hard when you need to offset the whole hierarchy.

Thanks in advance

no, i need to modify the capture bone translates, not the actual translates of the bone. I use Capture pose to capture my geo to bones. So every time scene loads, my bones jump to this pose (let's say origin) where my geo also resides, capture it, and jumps back to the first frame of actual animation. This is the way capture pose works.

When you create bones it automatically calculates translates, rotations of capture pose but if you want to repose bones (with Pose tool) it recalculates only rotations, you can't just translate all the hierarchy. Only fill in translate parameters by hand (or script).

Ok, I think I get what you're getting at. The easiest way still sounds like moving the bone translate though. Do that (unlock first), use the bonealigncapture hscript command capture to copy over the new capture pose transforms, and then just move the bone back to where it was. There's also the http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini12.5/shelf/aligncapturepose tool instead of the command.

PS. It occurs to me that a good RFE submit would be some way to move a joint in the Bones tool in some sort of "relative" mode instead of absolute ... so, the parent joints stay the same, but all the child joints move with the handle.

Thanks. Seems like moving bones root to where i want it to be, then using Align capture pose and then just transfer all rotates/translates on bones to their pretransform (clean rotates/translates dropdown) does the trick. Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

Anyway, adding ability to move the whole hierarchy with pose tool at capture pose override would be usefull imo.

Edited by bloomendale