helicopter orientation

csp

apparently there is a problem with the chops at the time particles are getting killed in pops, which causing a craziness on the animation, you can see it on the motion view where at those frame curves are mixed like spaghetti. At the geometry node which imports attribute P in to CHOPs I tried to Organize by Attribute using ID, in the motion view everything seams to be back to normal but in sops the channel node which gets the animation out of chops have an error because it unable to find the P for point 0, I guess because ID starts from 1.

never mind, Organized by Attribute ID fixed the problem, I just had to use the same in the ChannelSOP.

Edited by cparliaros

Sure, you just have to set the proper fitting transformation axis (XYZ vectors in the matrix). Right now I created an axis that was aligned to the world (Therefore it matches the helicopter). But it is easy to rewire it to a different initial setting.

Kim, where in the matrix I have to plug the new axis? I can make it work.

off course, i have attached a file where the left side uses N and Up and needs an offset 90 at x to orient in the right direction, the right side uses rotation vector and it does not need any offset. But what if there was an offset in the geo how can be fixed in the vopsop? I have an example offset with bybass enabled.

test_heli_offset_axis.hip

Edited by cparliaros

it is a 180 degree rotation. So if you add a negate between the crossn_NxUp and vectorfloat1, and a negate between cross2 and vectorfloat3. Then it should be solved.

thanks for the reply Kim, but what if it was 90 degree rotation, as the offset I am using is an example?

Here's an example with both the adjustment on the rotation and one with a 90 deg adjusted vector.

I am confused on the file you have attached there is 180 degrees using the negate, not 90. Isn't it?

Yes I wasn't sure with the example you gave me. Because there is an example offset in there. You want this to be removed as well, so that the model can be used directly? If so just remove the negates in the convert to rotation vector

What you did was great and it was more than enough. I was just wondering in order to understand it better, what if the offset rotation I had inside for the right hand instancing (in your hip is named xform1) instead of 180 degrees, was 90 at Y what you do? The negate flips it at 180.

Edited by cparliaros