Keep Pointnumbers on changing topo

tfreitag

Hello,

My Problem: I have an animated voronio-geo, which creating new points over time. The pointnumber are changing randomly. I tried with PopSop and the ID-Attribute., but with no success.

It would be nice to have all existing particle stay in same position have the same PTnumber. How could I solve this problem?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34142573/voro_changingNumber.mp4

thx, Tom.

voronoi_changing_pointnumber_v01.hipnc

thanks for your reply.. I need unique points for scattering Spheres for my SphereNetwork regarding this thread:

http://forums.odforce.net/index.php?/topic/18508-wip-world-of-connected-spheres/

...so I copy and stamping the spheres based on PTnumbers...so it must stay same number over time. And I guess the fuseSop make the situation not better, but I need it before a carvesop, which breaks me every edge into a single primitive.

I would be happy about every help. :)

• 4 weeks later...

You could use an attrib transfer node,

get your base geometry, create a point attribute for it in which you store the point numbers with $PT as the expression,

be sure to set the default value to something very high 999999999 or something. and fill in the info at local variable as well so you can call this by its expression later on.

Then use the attrib transfer to get these attributes back to your modified geometry, make sure you set the maximum transfer distance very low (0.001 or lower)

Finally use a sort node and sort by expression and use the generated attribute $PTNUM for instance.

that could do the trick, depending on a number of factors.

Edit, I just downloaded your file, I don't think this solution will work for you....

Edited by acey195

thanks a lot for your approach. It sounds good, but the thing is what geometry should i project(attrib transfer) on the animated mesh. Since it animated mesh with adding points in time it should look one frame back to the position and pointnumber and "project" them on the next frame or something like that. Something like attribtransfer in time...I don't know if its a silly idea

and I don't how to do this :( ...I have heard something about the SOP-solver in DOPs, for looking one frame back.