have one geo vertices match another geo vertices???

stkeg

i have some geometries that will deform. i want another set of geometries to match the vertices.

for example, i have a set of boxes that are merged to form another box (like a rubiks cube, so 27 boxes).

i want to have another set of 27 boxes match the deformed boxes. for example, the copybox1 matches deformedbox1, etc.

if i weren't modifying the vertices directly and deforming, i could have used expressions to match up the translate, rotate, pivot, etc attributes

anyone have any thoughts?

it really depends on the purpose of it. Different methods:

1. You could create a procedural animation that follows the reference. By expressions in a transformSOP

2. Create a foreachSOP, inside you could make a vopsop. Input one the cubes to deform and input 2 the reference. Copy the attributes from the reference to the cubes u want to deform. As long as the point-numbers from the input1 and input 2 are equal this shoudl work fine

3. Animate points and add a copySOP to compy the cubes you want to be animated

there are probably a lot of different ways to do this. I don't have time to put up an example file but someone else might have :)

Good luck!

From your description you have the same amount of points in both the deformed geo and the still. than the most accurate way of solving it is with a VOPSOP.

Otherwise the lattice deformer as Remi suggested or a cloth deformer should do the trick.

Here is an example using the VOPSOP

deform_cubes.hipnc

Edited by Hudson