Display render time

I'm a little bit confused, because I cannot find a working solution for displaying the render time of the last rendered frame when rendering with Mantra. Is there a proper way to achieve this?

I know there is the "Render Scheduler", but it don't work for me correctly. Meanwhile I figured out, that there's a difference when using the "Render View"-Tab or rendering directly to MPlay. With MPlay the "Render Scheduler" is working as expected, but in "Render View" the mantra process will not be killed after finishing the rendering. I think the problem is that the "Render View" is acting as an IPR (mantra will be called with -C option) and is contuniosly waiting for rerendering, so the process will not killed. It doesn't matter if the "Preview"-Option is checked or not.

I like the "Render View" (it's docked in the UI) and I can switch between Preview and standard rendering mode easily. I've quick access to the Mantra and camera node. I'm from Maya and I'm used to work like this. icon_wink.gif

The usage of render scripts (pre/post render) for time measuring seems to be useless in this case, because the post render script is called when the generation if the IDF file is over, not the render process itself. :(

The question is: Is there a way to get the render time when using the "Render View"-Tab?

Thanks,

Peter

Interesting. I'm pretty sure that I played around with verbose level settings already. It was not working at this moment. I was just getting a warning message ("mantra: Warning: attempt to set global property (rayquality) in the wrong state") and nothing else. But today I tried it again after you tg suggested it and voilà, I'm getting the render times via the Houdini console. I little bit confused, but happy for the moment. Thank you, Symek.

Peter