Stalkerx777

Access render properties and geometry from vex shadeop.

Hi there!

Guys, need some help, can't find anything valuable on this in HDK docs.....

1) How can i get access to render properties from my hdk vex function? Similar to what renderstate vex function does.

2) How to get access to geometry from hdk vex function? It should be a way to get const GU_Detail, similar to VRAY_Procedural::queryGeometry().

Thx!

Guest mantragora

2) How to get access to geometry from hdk vex function? It should be a way to get const GU_Detail, similar to VRAY_Procedural::queryGeometry().

Don't quote me on that but if you are talking about normal VEX extension I don' think you can. Can you access geometry when you work directly in Houdini in standard VEX? You modify attributes and that's it.

If you need more direct access you need to go CVEX route.

Hi there!

Guys, need some help, can't find anything valuable on this in HDK docs.....

1) How can i get access to render properties from my hdk vex function? Similar to what renderstate vex function does.

Thx!

I think neither is possible. VRAY_Procedural has import() method, but not VexOp. In both cases you should provide that data to your VEX extension as parameters.

I think neither is possible. VRAY_Procedural has import() method, but not VexOp. In both cases you should provide that data to your VEX extension as parameters.

Thx symek. Ok, it seems we can't get access to geometry, but we should have access to render properties. Well, particularly, i need to get object name in my vex extension, of course i can feed it as parameter, but i was hope there is hdk way to get it. Anyway, thanks.