FluidTank Collision with Maya Animation

Jimena

Hi!

I'm having trouble doing the FluidTank Collision. I animated a bike that splashes some water.

My splash comes from a hole in the ground filled with "rain"--->here is my FluidTank.

I've already made the fluidTank with the shape of the hole and it collides with the ground but I can't make it collide with my bike!!!

My bike was rigged and animated in Maya 2013, and I imported it into Houdini as an FBX and ALEMBIC file. (I wasn't able to make them collide neither of them). This is mainly because the tire isn't the one that is animated (but my controls of the rig!!), so when I give the SOP path on the static collider to search for my tire, this one is not animated, it's just static.

Please! could someone tell me if my export from Maya was wrong, or is it sth that I'm missing to do in HOudini?!!

biciCharco_04.hipnc

there is a check box of deforming objects in static node , hope it could help you plus you have to set collision properties of your animated objects accordingly make your collision properties visible and give it a slight offset distance with a reasonable resolution.

Thank you very much! I swear I did that and still couldn't manage to make it move :(

I kind of managed my problem, though I'm not pretty sure what the problem was. I exported my geo and animation in different ways from Maya (in a way that the geo dind't just depend on the rig animation: bake animation, Geo Cache , etc) until one of them gave me the appropiate result (though it gave me different results everytime, even if I followed the same steps; that's why I'm not sure how I solved the problem).

Now I just want to ask you... Why does my geometry look so bad?! jajaja icon_sad.gif

I used VDBfromparticle (but if someone could explain me its difference from the VDBfromparticlefluid, I would appreciate it very much)>then VDBSmooth>ConvertVDB

A lot of geometry was deleted in the process because if I added a lot of detail the liquid got a weird look (as if a lot of spheres were the liquid) but the complete splash was conserved. On the other side, the one that I used on my result, I ended up deleting a lot of geometry (still trying to conserve the most I could but getting an equilibrium with the blobby surface look--->trying to make it look smoother).

some advice will be very much appreciated

BiciSplashView1.mov

BiciSplashView3.mov

BiciSplashView2.mov

Edited by Jimena