RBD Point Object / bullet solver problem

j00ey

Hi

I'm following one of Peter Quint's tutorials, DOPS Forces 1, and there's something not working how I was expecting. I have the 2 RBD point objects, I've disabled gravity and added a uniform force with a magnitude of 10 in Y. When I play, the boxes and spheres start to move upwards, then at frame 49 they just stop. If I turn the magnitude up to say 100 they do not stop, if I set it to 35 the spheres stop and the boxes carry on.

What am I missing? I am guessing it's something pretty simple, I'm just starting finding my way around DOPS.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT - if I switch the rigid body solver to RBD instead of bullet the problem goes away. On further digging around it seems to be to do with the bullet solver sleeping. If I add in a bulletdata node and set 'enable sleeping' to off and 'set always', it no longer stops but the simulation is very slow. Is there some way to just turn off the sleeping? Or say only sleep after a certain frame?

Edited by j00ey

The easiest way is to use the "Enable Sleeping" parameter on the Collisions/Bullet Data tab of the RBD Point Object. If you're debugging issues like this in the future, note that the guide geometry will indicate objects that have been put to sleep by giving them a different colour.