Speaking of Mirai

TheUsualAlex

I guess the whole matter started by not selling enough copies of the program, so Nichimen wanted to get rid of the whole 3d division and since then the situation hasn't gone any better than that.

There were rumors about ownership problems that kept IZware from releasing new versions. Last rumor-hoax-blahblah was that M$ could be in the process of some kind of purchase operation...

Also at their website forum someone said he had been talking with one of IZware's developers at Siggraph and that a new version was coming.

I guess official news can arrive tomorrow or next year.

would it be good if MS purchased Mirai/Izware? I mean... not that I am a fan of MS or anything. It's just that back when they purchased Softimage, didn't people think that was the end? May be it'll be better if MS purchased a troubled company so that this particular company will in sufficient financial resources to keep the product going?

Who knows what might happen this time - be it better or worse.

(OK, don't stone me.)

it would be good if just about anybody purchased mirai. it has a lot of good things going for it, set the standard with a great poly modeling toolset and workflow which other apps are trying to match or reproduce. also the skeleton features are really easy and with some really great unique tools like pin/glue objects which temporarily switch ik roots ( very rought description ), pose states which are just awesome with all sorts of mirror options and just simply awesome shape deformation tools ( magnets ) and workflow for facial animation. i haven't seen another come close for facial animation. but hey, that's just me and i'm biased.

so yeah, i think it would be a good thing if MS bought them, they have money so money will no longer be an issue which surely it is at this moment. I don't know who is involved in behind the scenes, but the people who put mirai together know what they are doing, so the thing is it would be good if somebody bought them and didn't change the focus of the product.

but after saying all that, it's not really worth worrying about as you never hear anything from izware and it's been at v1.5 for over two years now. and supposedly that "new version is coming" line has been around for long time.

this post brought back good/sad memories....

if only SESI would incorporate some of the features.......just dreaming i guess