Field force and FLIP

etetin

Hey everyone,

In my scene  I have an object that is supposed to take off from the water surface using one engine. First thing that I tried to get this powerful stream is field force dop, now it does the job, but for some reason it pushes particles to all directions. The velocities that I'm getting from sops are pointing down, guide geometry displays it correctly too.  I'm fairly new to importing custom forces into dops, my apologies if it's something very obvious. 

I've attached a screenshot

thanks 

post-9257-0-87756200-1391878859_thumb.jp

yes, it will push particles to all directions if your force are too strong. :P
I don't know what's your sim setup like so I just put a simple sphere whe attribCreate to make v the direction/magnitude I want to just pass that to a sopgeometry.
I put something like yours(1000 on force scale) and my small flip tank just exploded. Btw, max distance affects the range as well.

remember to change your source sop obj from primitive to something else(ie. poly or polymesh) so all the points on surface have the v attribute to get the look you want.
hip file attached, I tweaked the force on sop so it generate a strong enough force to push flip particles downwards and look more like you blow air into your cup via a straw.

fieldForceOnFlip.hipnc