Particle to field and pyro

etetin

Hey,

I'm trying to transfer particle velocities into pyro vel field, but no luck. When I turn on vel visualization, you can see that there's something going on, but effect is very settle.

I went through forums and looks like sopgeo DOP and gasparticletofield should do the job. Perhaps I need more substeps as my particles are moving quite fast? 

I have attached a screenshot with my setup. 

thanks

post-9257-0-21502100-1392152079_thumb.jp

I think you may want to use a POP particle source? Unless of course you have animated geo and custom sop particles.

I've put some really simple POP particle on Pyro, which use fetchdata/gasmatchfield/gasparticletofield/gaslinearcombination to add particle velocity to Pyro's vel via pyrosolver's 3rd input.

(If you middle click on the input, it will usually tell you what it need/does.)

partcleVelOnPyro.hipnc

Thanks a lot! I've tried creating some simple scenes and it works really well. But in my current scene I still can't get it to work, at least now when I turn velocity visualization on, I can properly see vel fields coming from particles. However, the smoke still stays at the same position where it was emitted.

I'll just explain what I'm after. I created low res smoke sim, then in popnetwork used gasadvect to get smoke vel field to move particles and now I wanna use those same particles to create a totally new pyro sim. Just wanted to see if that's gonna give me a more interesting look than the first sim had.

If there's no other way to help me out without scene file, I'll clean it up, because it has bunch of other stuff, and upload it.  

post-9257-0-67665700-1392232304_thumb.jp