cloth - surfacemassdensity ?

Doum

Hey,

Someone know where I can disable the behavior that make the drag relative to the cloth density. 

I want a part of the cloth to fall faster then another and it look like everything is equalized somewhere. I changed the surfacemassdensity attribute on some points of my geo and it doesn't change the behavior of the cloth.

thanks

Thanks for the help rafaelfs, I saw your post on sifefx.com and post something there, but no answer yet. I've found a workaround cause I need to deliver de project, so I  use a pop setup and copy the pieces over each particles and use the pintoanimation attribute to give "fack" some weight on the tip. I'm sure a setup of constraint in dop could have do the trick, but I'm not familliar with constraints.

But I'm curious about how to give different mass on the same cloth...

I'm running houdini build 13.0.314 on windows 7 64bits, I checked the journal and there is no bug correction related to that.

I hope you can help me :)

Thanks again!

I attached a hipfile with some pieces of cloth with surfacemassdensity attribute different on the tip of each pieces.

Doum

Rnd_SurfaceMassDensity_Attribute_v01_dk.rar

Good to know, I didn't thought about that option :). So it changed since the new fem solver. I've always used this attribute on points before 13 and this is my first cloth project in 13.

Thanks Rafael for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

Doum

Good to know, I didn't thought about that option :). So it changed since the new fem solver. I've always used this attribute on points before 13 and this is my first cloth project in 13.

Thanks Rafael for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

Doum

No problem, man, I'm also surprised by the change, but at least it's documented! :)

Cheers