ocean FX foam issue

revilo3d

Hey guys,

I just watched the Houdini Off the Shelf Ocean FX video and I just cant get any proper foam result.

Everything seems to work - except rendering of the foam. I can get a nice water render out but the foam from the ocean evaluate node generates does not seem to drive into the oceanshader result in anyway. Having any streak or whitecap option set to a value other than 0 and it just goes ugly (solid additive effect).

I have checked to see that Houdini is writing out the foammask and it is  - but appears to be ignoring it even though I see it being pulled into the shader. Im not experienced enough to go in and fix the problem if it's in the shader itself.

The foam pattern does show up in the volume however  :wacko: 

Ive attached my working file. Help please. 

oceanFX_v002.hipnc

Just noticed on the upload I have a hipnc file and recall reading in the forum that disp has to the written to a .picnc file.

Funnily enough I got displacement working fine prior but how I did that was by modifying the ocean_render node - thus its not using the displacement map at all i presume and still getting a result. trying the same with foam didnt work - so I guess I have to ensure to only use the written texture.

Seems to all be OK now :)