How to write a multi-line script inside Callback Script parameter in P

magneto

Hi,

I am adding a parameter to an existing op so it's not gonna be a new op, and I want to write a multi-line Python script inside the Callback Script parameter. But when I do so, and save, Houdini just makes them 1 big line with spaces in between lines, which obviously doesn't work.

Since there is no place for me to store a script, if I am not wrong, I need to write it here.

If the parameter is a one off then in this situation I would stick the code in hou.session since it just has to be among for the ride in the hip file. If it's more of a preset type of thing then it's probably easier to just shove in a module somewhere. You can easily have simple multiple python statements on a single line (separated by ; ) but trying to do more advanced things breaks quickly.

• Like 1

Guest mantragora

...(separated by ; )...

Oh yeah, it was semicolon :D. But the comma works too, just that it would be good to have confirmation from SESI that it's not a bug

Anyway, if you forget what is used as a separator for "multiple statements in one line", you can refer to this table in wikipedia.

• Like 1