breadbox

when using the make breakable rigid body tool is there a way to keep consistent number of points?

Once you simulate, maybe there is a way to run another simulation in reverse to put the vase back together so to speak, but keep the fractured points and geometry.  It would almost be like pre-fracturing the geo, however the make breakable does a really nice job because the secondary fractures only happen when pieces break off of pieces depending on the simulation so its hard to pre-fracture in a way that is realistic.

I need consistent point numbers in order to export the mesh to maya for rendering.

I loved to hear the answer to that problem... but a cheap way to do it is do a test sim of where the object fracture and on what frame, and design your pre-fracture based on that impact and timing.

On the side I have yet to actually solve... Theoretically if you unlock your rigid body solver and dive rigidbodysolver1/voronoifracturesolver1/fracture_SOP_solver to the component that does the fracturing, you can do a transform to rest space that allows you to set the rest position on the new object, and then create a history of glue network base on it, so all pieces -1 until impact 1, then remove glue network for secondary impacts(or something similar)... or alternatively just set everything to rest and then have somethign like the dop import be able to understand that backwards history... It's a big problem, though it could be solved on the user end