Volume smoke with weird velocities

ch3

Hi,

I am trying to do a relatively fast burst of dust and I am having problems with the velocities of the volume.

I use a moving disk to emit volume but also velocity into the container. Initially I wasn't getting much influence from the disk's movement into the container, so I had to multiply by 100 the geometries velocities (look at the trail SOP), to force the dust carry on with the disk's movement. Even though it's currently moving towards that direction, I would expect the dust to be a lot more active. Instead it seems that some kind of drag is applied to it.

Even though I am still not happy with the movement, I started adding some particles into the volume using the fluid force. Again the particles don't seem to move much, even if the container visualises a fair amount of velocity vectors. By cranking the scale force, some particles shoot off to the right direction... but most of them don't much.

Also when rendering the volume with Geometry Velocity Blur, it creates some small areas with extreme motion blur, but most of it it's barely affected.

Can you figure out whether I am missing something major on the file attatched?

thank you

debugWave_01.hip