[SOLVED] smoke density increasing when upres process?

Doum

Hi all,

I've a question about upres of smoke simulation. The result of my upres simulation is really dense compare to my initial simulation, is there a way to avoid that. I'm almost using the basic setting of the shelf tool.Do I have to unplugged my source volume in the upres solver input if i'm sourcing from file, could it be the problem or if I upres from file, it's not taking the source volume into the upres process ?

If it's normal where in the pyro shader would you play to reduce the density? I know there is a fit range in the density panel of the pyro shader, but I have not clue if I must change the source or the target ? and if I have to make it more than 1 or less than 1? Any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks

Doum

EDIT : The source volume in the upres pyro was the one who was adding more density to the upres simulation. If the source volume param is set to add, it will add more density to the current lowres simulation density. What will make the upres sim more dense than the low res one. Logic :) ... The solution was to set the source volume param of the source volume node in the upres dop t Maximum instead of add... 

just telling so it could help someone...

Edited by Doum
  • Like 1