ocean render problem

MagQ

hi,guys

Recently   i  did a simple test about houdini ocean render techniques and got some issuses. The problem is i dont know  how to avoid this kind of bright speckles in PBR renders,any suggestions?

please check the pic

Thanks in advance

MagQ

post-11444-0-97255000-1397749926_thumb.j

These are probably sharp bright speculars. Try to lower the Color Limit value (on mantra/shading tab) and rise Reflect Angle a little bit above zero on the ocean shader.

Thanks for your suggestions!

But it doesn’t work at all unless I disable the environment light or change environment map,and my env map is nothing special,what's wrong?

P.s. My Houdini version is 13,

I use PBR

Your environment map IBL must have a pretty hot tiny sun. I would think that the sharp highlights are the light reflection on your surface. Nothing special but probably everything. :)

You can blur the IBL or adjust the balance to make the sun not has hot or larger. Try a different IBL's to see how the water surface reacts.

You can increase the reflection angle to blur out the reflections a bit to see if it softens the highlights.

Your environment map IBL must have a pretty hot tiny sun. I would think that the sharp highlights are the light reflection on your surface. Nothing special but probably everything. :)

You can blur the IBL or adjust the balance to make the sun not has hot or larger. Try a different IBL's to see how the water surface reacts.

You can increase the reflection angle to blur out the reflections a bit to see if it softens the highlights.

Unfortunately,those bright speckles on my surface aren`t the light reflection even i change a  different  environmet map. Increasing the reflection angle  do blur  out my "reflections"  but  my final image changed a lot. I am lucky guy,thanks for all your help,problem solved.Just as sunchao360 said,all i only need to disable the light contribution in the light tab,it wont change anything but my speckles

:D

post-11444-0-23116200-1398092245_thumb.j