Export Houdini Particle data into Maya

Hi there everyone,

Had to re-register my account for some reason.....anyways

I use maya predominantly, sorry guys but i do, but my particle facination with Houdini is boardering on an unhealthy obession.

i was wondering is there anyway for me to export my particle data in houdini and import it into Maya.

I look at codex section and i see a few import export mel scripts but it doesnt specify if i can export my particle data.

If there is a solution i would love to hear it.

cheers

~andrew

edit:// i should visit here more often, some great talent here.

another edit:// look at my member number, im the devil people :D

ouch. sorry to hear about the number...

As far as exporting Houdini's particle data out, currently, the best solution is to export a sequence of geometry (i.e. .obj) via Geometry ROP just like you did with a sequence of image file for animation. I don't think you can export a sequence of geometry with Houdini Apprentice. However, you'll have to figure out how to get Maya to read that sequence of geometry. The Codex section (or highend3d.com) should have some MEL script written by Daniel Kramer.

Anyways, I haven't used Maya for 2 years now... Things get blurrier as time passed by... :blink:

cheers for you response, so doesnt look like there is a true way to export particle data, at least not with my scripting abilities as leanring mel is hard enough, but using expressions with particle animation is ok... ok gettign off track :)

So i guees ill have to composite the images, and get everything to work that way.

cheer anyway oh btw you should check out maya, its changed a bit (ok enough forcing people to look at maya :))