My Daily Effects

chrobak

I decided to start a thread showing the random tests i do everynight before i go to bed. I have been studying Houdini at school for about 8 months now and I am constantly trying to increase my knowledge so i can be an FX TD after i graduate.

Here's a couple pieces from the last few days and i will update this hopefully a few times a week.

Comments and crits are welcome as I am still learning

-First video is testing pre fractured glued objects being fractured again upon impact.

-second video is showing flip fluid within a glued fractured object interacting with a rbd bullet going through the bottle. i didnt render the bullet.

secondarfracture.mov

glass break.mov

tonights fun is making an object shatter on impact, and then shatter again based on initial impact while interacting with viscous sticky fluids. Need to tweak some paramaters and you will notice a frame shift as i had to re render .

i want to try and do a glass shatter and as the glass impacts the ground turn into water. any suggestions? i was thinking either the multisolver or using the impact data to do attribute transfers.

rbdfluid.mov

Edited by chrobak