Floating object suddenly stops

Hiro_FX

Hi guys,

I've created a flip fluid with a spectrum to create an ocean and I want an object to float and interact with waves.

As you can see in the video and the .hip file I've attached it worked but depending on what feedback scale or density object amount I give it stops soon or later interacting with the waves of the flip fluid.

If the spectrum has higher waves scale (0.3) and higher wind velocity (20) it keeps on moving, but I don't want that much velocity and scale (I want max 0.2 of wave scale and 10 of wind velocity +/-). I've tried also with the fluidforce node to see if it works but it does exactly the same.

Any thoughts? 

Thank you!

floating_object_stops.rar

floating_object_stops.hip

Edited by dave_vfx

It worked just changing the Solver Engine to RBD of the rigid body solver instead of Bullet and it works fine or at least it looks like in the firsts tests.

Anyway, if you know a better way to do it using the Bullet solver I'm still interested :D

I had a similar issue with Bullet today where it stopped moving in a sim. Turns out it was caused by enabling sleeping. Not sure if that fixes your problem as well but might be worth unchecking Enable Sleeping in the Bullet Data tab or playing with the threshold settings.

Edited by jennehjenneh
  • Like 1

I had a similar issue with Bullet today where it stopped moving in a sim. Turns out it was caused by enabling sleeping. Not sure if that fixes your problem as well but might be worth unchecking Enable Sleeping in the Bullet Data tab or playing with the threshold settings.

It does work. Thank you!