Flip Whitewater

nick2970

Hi folks,

I want to use flip for my white water spray rather than the default white water shelf particles, I am sure I can use the white water source for my extra flip sim.

I am happy to use the existing foam and bubbles, but I feel the spray particles are a bit too ballistic.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the setup.

I am successfully sourcing a new flip sim from the white water source, but I am struggling with how to generate collisions with the original flip water sim.

I assume this is done via the source volume node plugged into the new 'white water' flip sim and set to collisions, but I am a little confused on where to source this collision.

Most of the tutorials are either a bit old now and use particles for secondaries, or are new and just direct me to the white water shelf tool.

Cheers, Nick

Guest frostbite

Hey Nick! Whenever I am simulating foam,bubbles and spray, I do them separately. Well, I simulate foam and bubbles together and then spray separately. That gives me control of how the spray's gonna look. Moreover, this way you can render them separately as well. Hope that helps.  :)

Thanks Frostbite, yeah I do the same, it's just the spray method I use in Naiad seems to be more realistic as it is more based on the flip sim.

Whenever I do spray from the shelf tool I seem to end up with thousands of tiny 'missile trails' and it never resembles the underlying sim.

Cheers, Nick

• 1 month later...