Field3D: Compiling on Windows

I'm trying to compile the Field3D plugin on windows in order to transfer smoke from Houdini to Fume. 

This is the command that I'm currently running from the field3d directory where f3dtools.C file is located: 

hcustom f3dtools.C -i c:/ie/ark/programs/houdini/houdini13.0/dso -L "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0A/Lib/x64/" -L "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v7.0A/Lib/" 

When compiled with no change to the code, the compiler complains about error C2664: 'void GU_Detail::sortPrimitiveList(GU_AxisType)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'fpreal32 *' to 'GU_AxisType' 

If I comment out this line, then the compiler gives a classic fatal error LNK1120: 25 unresolved externals. 

It seems like almost all of these errors are LNK2019: unresolved external symbol in the f3dtools object file, followed by a string beginning with: "__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_string . . . . . ." 

Is there a precompiled version of this plugin somewhere? I'm surprised it's not just included by default, without it there's no way to get smoke out of Houdini which is a big barrier to adoption.

Thanks for any help you can provide!