Ugly geo cleanup

ntkirby

hello everyone

I have a small problem...

I'm trying to get my pyro sim to collide with my animated geometry that I fractured and well...solved in bullet.

The pic is the mess to clean up and even when I turn it in to an SDF, laser scan on the staticobject and pyro still will not collide with this, but it has no problem with a regular box...

So the question is, how do I clean up geometry from a bullet sim when I write it out?

post-9074-0-00357500-1406524711_thumb.jp

Edited by ntkirby

One thing to try is to turn your wall into a VDB object and then read into the static geo as a proxy volume.   Then change from ray intersect to volume sample and use the same division size you used for the vdb.   If it still doesn't look great, set the offset surface to -.1 or - .01 depending on your geo size.

I went back to VDB collisions, adjusted some things based on feedback I got on facebook, and inside dops it appears to be colliding like it should be.  The viewport outside of dops showed it was going through but after slapping on a texture and adjusting some settings it may be good to go...  going to do some rendering and see what the final product will be.