how to offset orientation in POPs

Hi there odforce!
beginner here....
I have a bunch of particles shooting out of a center point in all directions on a surface.
They are rotating along their velocity.
Now I am trying to randomly offset their orientation but have them still rotate along their velocity.
I guess I need to get some vector from the quaternion and multiply it with a rotation and feed that back into the orient attribute. But I cant get this to work.

In the forums I found that the old POPs have an Angular Velocity POP. I guess this is what I need to build in DOPs for my setup.
I commented the hipfile, I hope the question becomes more clear. There are spheres instanced onto the POPs so you can see the rotation best in wireframe.

Thanks a lot for looking into that!
oliver

pop_offset_orient_01.hipnc

Edited by cookiemonsterandthegirls

thanks xray for looking into that so quickly and commenting the file!

here is another question:

now they rotate around a random axis. how would I get them to orient randomly as they do with the initial orientation but then rotate around the axis I had before (the cross product of vel and an up vector 0 1 0).

I guess the result I am trying to get is to have them roll out from a center point, but they all have a random orientation, not rotation...