Control RBD fracture by group

Pilou

Hello guys,

I've been struggling with controlling how RBD packed objects/ RBD fractured object. I can't find anything related to that on the net. It feels so simple but still I can't figure it out.

Here is my precise problem.

I have a ball composed of multiple fruits. Each fruit is composed by multiple objects (like body - leaf - stem) When I fracture the object the rbd fracture it all and decompose the fruit and that's what I'm not able to control. I want to keep every fruit a whole and basically simulate every whole fruit instead of every pieces of the fruit ball.

I managed to have a group for each fruit that contain the objects of the fruit related to the group. So I guess I should use fruit group to tell the rbd object to fracture using those group. But from here I can't figure how to manage that.

If anyone got an answer. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pierre

Edited by Pilou

Hm, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to achieve. 

bowl-of-fruit.jpg 

So basically you have a setup like the one on the picture and you want each fruit to be a separate RBD object ? 

Could you maybe post a scene file or just a mock-up with a bunch of spheres and cylinders if you're under an NDA. That would really help get an idea of what you're trying to achieve. It's just that your post is a bit confusing ;3 

Cheers buddy !