Gears of Houdini - new beginner level training

rohandalvi

Hi,

I am introducing my new relatively simple beginner level training titled "Gears of Houdini"

Its main purpose is to create a fully parametric custom gear and then convert it to Digital Asset.

In the second part of the training we look at how to animate the Gear and also create custom materials for it and finally light and render the Gears.

Custom materials include a Plastic and Metal Shader which use the Occlusion node to add dirt.

Training is available now.
gears_web.jpg
Trailer

Link

regards
Rohan Dalvi
  • Like 1

This looks like a great introduction for new Houdini users.

I've actually been going through the modeling portion of your Tea & Cookies course and have picked up a lot of great tips. Traditional poly modeling in Houdini is something I've avoided somewhat as I assumed it would be awkward but you've done a great job of exploring different techniques in a way that's accessible to people who already have a background modeling in different packages and are transitioning that knowledge to Houdini. 

I've recommended your courses to other 3D artists learning Houdini with great feedback, and I feel that your emphasis on project-based training fills an important gap in the available Houdini training material.

Hope to see more Houdini courses from you in the future!

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the compliments and I am glad that my training helped out both of you.

Also jrockstad , thanks for spreading the word. :)

I always wanted to make project based training for Houdini so that people can look at Houdini as more of a general purpose 3d software that they can use for their day-to-day work and not just some specialized VFX toolset, which is how it is perceived at the moment.