wired edge in flip simulation

GrayHare

Hi guys,

I am kind of newbie in flip simulation. Recently I am trying to use a animated ring to drive my Shockwave, however, I get a square-like edge all the time when I was running my simulation. The length of square is identical with the diameter of my ring. I guess the problem is from my animation because the edge(square) would change after I made alteration on my ring's diameter, but I am not sure where the problem exactly from.

Hope I could get some tips from you guys.

Thanks!

here is the sim result Link,

shockwave_R&D_test.hip

• Like 1

HI guys,
I did a couple of tests and finally found out which prameter  cause this problem. it is Surface Extrapolation under Flip slover-Collisions.
When I was changing its value from 0.5 to 1,  the wired edge came. you can check the test picture below.

However in my scene I want to press my whitewater lower. As I saw from reference a shockwave would not have so much splashes. is any way I could reduce my splash without changing this parmeter? maybe I could using surface normal as velocity field to control it?

thanks for answers:)

post-4595-0-81474900-1413278724_thumb.jp

post-4595-0-96410700-1413278730_thumb.jp

Edited by GrayHare