emiting particle from the centre of premitives

Elena_ DeCosta

hello guys, greetings

i am new in this forum and found some very excellent solution from my friends. As i am too new to houdini 13.

I am stuck in a situation where i have to emit the particle from the centre of the surface of the connected premitive from dop's popsource. but i not getting any parameter.

Is there is any other techinque

in a old popnet there was a pop-down option to solve this.please find in image.

thanks in advance.

post-12314-0-09972600-1413459227_thumb.j

Thanks ryew, I don't know why sidefx is making software more complicated with every new release , but still we love proceduralism . Anyway ryan can you help me how to put $NX, $NY, $NZ in pop force, earlier we used to put in velocity paramater. Or is there is any other way to make particle velocity along  normal of connected geometry.

You taking it in wrong way, they are making it more user friendly and faster. POPDOP are way faster than older POPs.

If you use Inherit velocity, it looks for  "v" attribute on geometry if doesn't find that then uses normals (N) by default. DOPs local variables are different from SOPs, so you can't use them straight away. To access SOP attributes you have to use VEXpressions or DOP expression functions. In your case , just use npoints().

• 2 weeks later...