multiple volumes

g17

Hello guys,

i am actually having two volumes one on top of each other  like a skin layer on top of the muscle.What i am trying to achieve here is, if the top layer is  partly removed  ,the second layer must be visible.Since i am opting for an  organic look and the geos are complex ,i looking for a solution in  volumes.It would be great if someone can point me in the right direction

Thank you

-Ganesh

Ganesh,

Your question is not clear to me. Please specify more details..

Are you looking for -

a. How to remove one volume partly / procedural way.

b. How to place them or render them so that when one volume is partly removed, that reveals the other

Cheers

Shan

Hi shan,

Sorry for not being clear. Yes i am looking for ways to remove the top layer like an erosion and render them.I tried using VDB,Volume nodes.volume vop but i couldn't figure it out.Please help me with this issue

Thank you

Ganesh

Edited by g17

Ganesh,

In the eroding volume, you can set the density 0 in some areas. Then make these 0 density areas to grow.

This can be done in many ways.

a. Use VDB vop, create any noise node, fit it to 0-1 and then multiply it with the density.

b. To have more control on the erosion, scatter some points on this volume. In VDB vop, (instead of noise) use point cloud to source these points. calculate the distance from each voxel to the closest point. If the distance is below certain threshold value, reduce the density to 0. Then you can increase the threshold over time, increase the scattered points density, etc..

All the best!!

Hi shan ,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will give a try.One more quick question (sorry for the repeat question)

If i have multiple volumes and can i run these operation on the top volume  so that the underneath volume be visible.

Thank you,

Ganesh