help with emitting rigid bodies?

johnLIC

I am trying to emit rigid bodies, like dirt from behind a truck tire.  I am trying to reproduce this:

http://valeriodinapoli.blogspot.com/2013/02/houdini-how-to-create-rigid-body-emitter.html

I have my scene looking as close to his as I can, but I just get particles that don't seem to be getting any dynamics - they just hang out at their  birth positions.  I also have errors downstream of my RBD Point Object node.  When I dive into that node it looks different from the one I DL'ed off the link above.  

I made all these nodes by hand.  I did not use the "RBD Point Object" shelf button.  I suspect that I left out something which that button does.  I have attached my file.  Any help appreciated.

jp_RBD_emitter_v01.hiplc

I am trying to emit rigid bodies, like dirt from behind a truck tire.  I am trying to reproduce this:

http://valeriodinapoli.blogspot.com/2013/02/houdini-how-to-create-rigid-body-emitter.html

I have my scene looking as close to his as I can, but I just get particles that don't seem to be getting any dynamics - they just hang out at their  birth positions.  I also have errors downstream of my RBD Point Object node.  When I dive into that node it looks different from the one I DL'ed off the link above.  

I made all these nodes by hand.  I did not use the "RBD Point Object" shelf button.  I suspect that I left out something which that button does.  I have attached my file.  Any help appreciated.

Since H13 the prefered way of emitting RBDs is by using packed primitives and a sop-solver as emitter.

Merge in the primitives you want to become rbs. There are a wide range of files doing this in this forums, but since its wednesday I´ll give you one more. :)

rbdEmitter.hiplc

• Like 1

Hi,

I am rebuilding a copy of your file as a way to learn about it.  Is there an easier way than building the whole thing by hand?  Like a shelf button that sets up the sop solver in the autodop network?  I ask not out of laziness, but because I want to know the most effiecient / normal way to do things.  Thanks!