AttribTransfer on moving objects issue

sliver

Hello guys :)

I need your help, because I'm using AttribTransfer on moving objects for the first time and I have the problem below :

As you can see, my AttribTransfer in the Solver SOP affect my attributs (color and wetness) to wrong points and I don't understand why.  But this setup works fine when my objects are static.

It's based on Peter Quint tutorial : https://vimeo.com/52290971

DkZ3O.jpg

File attached.

Thank you very much if you can help me :)

AttribTransfer_bug.rar

Thanks a lot Pradeep !! it's much much better with your first solutionwith "Scatter Based On Primitive Area" turn Off.

But it seems to have few wrong points which still affected by AttribTranfer

Do you have an idea ?  Same thing for you ?

Great ! It's perfect with : "turn off Divide non-Convex polygons." :)

Your method is very interesting, thank you to have share your file.

It's good to know the Add SOP is not necessary. Thank you very much for your help and advices.

Have a good day.

Hi Sierra, it's weird, I have downloaded the .rar file and .bgeo are in the Export folder. I don't understand why it's not attached :mellow:

You're right, I have forgotten to check "Use Deforming Geometry" before to upload, but it doesn't collide a lot with flip fluid simulation.

Edit : I think it's a problem with my splash tank, because with a simple sphere which emit particles, it works.  Now I have to find why the splash tank do not make a nice collision.

Edited by sliver

For getting more splash change:

Smoothing to something like 0.1 and Surface Extrapolation to 0.3.

For sake of speed of calculation you can also use bullet collision rather than volume based (RBD solver).

And if you have good machine than turn off Use Preconditioner under Flip Solver> Volume Motion> Solver.

And yes, decrease Particle Separation.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Pradeed or helping me so much.

A lot of useful tips in your posts !

I didn't know how to use correctly VDB with collision with the third input of the filp solver. It great to know ! :)

I have 3 little questions :

- In fact it's useless in this case to add a : Convert VDB after my VDBFromPolygons ?

- Why did you set in the "Source Volume" a value of -1 for the "Scale Source Volume" ?

- I'm not an expert with TimeBlend, is it possible to explain to me how it works in this situation and why you setup it here ?

Edited by sliver