Unwanted slomo effect bullet?

dennisvolkerts

Hi,

I just was testing some wood splintering and clustering.

Can anyone tell me why im getting this little slomo effect like the movie "Immortals"?

Looks cool but not what i want :)

fps is 25, standard gravity 9.81 seems to be fine.

dopnet subframe standard: 1.

bullet subframes standard: 10 / 10 interations

All i did was some

-fracturing based on clusters and

-added some cone constraint between the clusters.

thnx

Packed primitives have point attribute "active" of type integer which controls the active state.

You are creating this point attribute as type float. Change /obj/test_fractureCluster_prePostScale/active_attr from type float to type integer to fix your mentioned side effect.

You should also log a bug with your scene because Houdini should be able to handle an implicit cast from float to int and warn the user of the incorrect data type/loss of precision rather than have this strange slow-motion effect in this particular case.

• Like 1

Packed primitives have point attribute "active" of type integer which controls the active state.

You are creating this point attribute as type float. Change /obj/test_fractureCluster_prePostScale/active_attr from type float to type integer to fix your mentioned side effect.

You should also log a bug with your scene because Houdini should be able to handle an implicit cast from float to int and warn the user of the incorrect data type/loss of precision rather than have this strange slow-motion effect in this particular case.

Thnx!!! that did the trick!!!

does anyone also know a way to keep every fracture hold like a glue before a hit?

The cone tiwst constraint seems to hold it but doesnt keep its shape

But if i use a glue (even at a strength of 0.001) in conjunction with a cone it losses its bend factor (is over ruled by the glue On or Off) and my ball with a very high density doesnt even go through my object but bounces back